22 May 2009

me: 1, mother nature: 0

Add Image

hi!

first, love the photo above!
i took it so, a bit of a bias

now,
time for a silly story
more like a "brings me down to earth" story
...
i was getting ready to head downtown yesterday
i knew that to get to my desired location
i would have to walk along a very busy sidewalk
.
to prepare for my catwalk debut
i donned my favourite black skinny jeans
an over sized gray blouse, carefully tucked
to appear calculated and effortless all at once
.
i got off the train & began my walk of fame
my head held up high
my hair settling perfectly
walking like i will always remain in my 20s
.
well,
mother nature had other plans
out of nowhere she sent as much wind as she could summon.
and sent it my way,
probably hoping to blow away my youthful egotism
.
my carefully brushed hair and side swept bangs collided
up in the air, forgetting all of my earlier effort
quelle dommage!

trying to tame the creature that was my hair,
i lift up my hands and viola! my blouse,
once so fashionably tucked into my jeans,
escaped!

my skinny jeans,
which only moments earlier hugged every curve
were now rebelling

those people walking by,
who were supposed to be the cameramen
to my model catwalk
were surely not impressed

i realized that it wasn't my day
so i proceeded down the steps to the subway,
but as the subway ran past me,
the wind following it,
brushed my hair out of my face,
and for that moment, all of that confidence returned

me: 1, mother nature: 0
;)

welcome to the weekend,

-m
image: 1

No comments: