27 November 2009

on holiday gatherings






hi hi!

just a quick post,
in the midst of essay writing (bet you guessed that!)

every year i host a little holiday dinner,
after the books are put away,
when late nights are reserved for sleep,
rather than study,
& when deadlines go on vacation
i put on my apron (from my days as a starbucks barista)
and start whipping up a dinner.

during my study break, i've been looking around, shopping for a recipe and ideas,
i always try to make meals as healthy as possible,
& a great online resource is the website cooking light

on last year's menu?
ravioli with pisatchio & walnut pesto
& sun dried tomato & feta cheese stuffed mushrooms.

this year i would love to make the salmon my friend natasha has perfected,
it is spectacular, just melts in your mouth!
but maybe i will try a chicken-based meal? for the sake of tradition?
hmmm decisions, decisions

still haven't decided on a dessert, but i'm leaning towards a layered cake.
the only thing that is confirmed is the wine, from my trip to italy during the summer.

in any case, i cannot wait to don my apron,
whip out my mom's recipe book,
put on some christmas carols,
& start.

for now,
essays need to be finished!

kisses galore,

-m

oh! the photos above are from hands that make,
anytime i think of food,
i skip there, very inspiring!

No comments: