15 December 2008

retail therapy? yes, please!







Hello lovelies,

Quick post showcasing some of my favourite pieces from designer Tom Scott. Although I am not crazy about his S/S 09 collection, the past pieces are wonderful. Explore his website and experience the artsy avant-garde photo shoots which perfectly compliment his brilliant pieces season after season.

I particularly love the colour hues of his pieces. They make me think of living in an authentic loft that has been converted from an art gallery with tall white walls. More of his collection
here.

The name of the material used for the bottoms in the last two pictures pictures i've listed escapes me at present but it is simply wonderful. I purchased a spring jacket this past weekend of the same material.

Funny story.

As I entered the store I shimied to the sales rack (note: the sales rack has a gravatational pull for students). I picked up a few pieces and came across a jacket, knowing that my mom is a fan of the material, I picked it up and glanced at the price. "$8!"

I was fairly shocked but I did not dedicate much time to the shock because a) I was in a discount designer brand store (Winners) and b) I had laid sight on a wonderful brown blouse which stole my attention.

After I returned home and presented my mom with the gift, i quickly bragged about the price and my bargain finding abilities. (I may or may not have compared myself to a modern superhero, with amazing riding boots!) She was initially hesitant to believe the price but after I presented the receipt she was ecstatic. She revealed that she was at the same store the week before where she planned on purchasing the same jacket but resisted after turning over the sales tag and seeing, "$160"

I could not believe her so i returned to the store and to my surprise there were a few scattered around the store but they were all $160. When i returned home I noticed that my tag read "knit" which probably means that it was wrongly labeled. I've placed the tag on my bulletin board beside some of my certificates; a fitting place because it is quite the accomplishment!

I hope your week is full of baked goods, inspiring weather and bargain finds!

-m

No comments: