18 June 2009

little green flats.





hello!


story time.

this afternoon i was getting ready for class,
heading downtown

it was the first day
in (what seems like) forever
that i was able to sleep in
so i overdid it ....
a bit
okay okay
a lot.

when i finally got up,
i got dressed,
headed downstairs,
& with the fear of missing my bus,
i made a sporadic decision

....
i wore my green flats


now these flats have quite a reputation,
well maybe i have the reputation,

you see,
i am known for my tendency to buy
horribly uncomfortable shoes,
usually flats, which seem so innocent,
but end up waging a war with my feet,
a war my feet rarely win.

my friends will attest to the many times
i've hopped along,
my feet close to surrender
from the torture of my flats

there was the time in new york,
then the time at commencement ...

well you get the point,
i have horrible luck with these things,
expensive shoes,
cheap shoes,
in the end they are all
uncomfortable shoes

but lately i've been quite good,
really, all of my flats have fit incredibly,
sometimes i am convinced i could
run a marathon in them

well there is still one pair
that evokes much fear in my feet,
i can almost feel them tremble,
even at the mention of these flats.

the green flats.

you see the green flats are the perfect case
of appearance vs. reality.
they have a little green bow,
they look so simple,
so harmless.

oh no!

so.
i was running late,
and i opened my closet,
i looked around to scope out my choices
& saw the green flats

don't ask me why,
but i picked them up
&
slipped them on

it had been a while since i wore them,
& i am not rational when i'm running late.
yup, that's the excuse i'm using.

&
they fit like a glove.
as i walked to the bus stop,
all was well.
but as i made my way to the train,
trouble started

by the time i was walking to class
they unleashed their complete wrath
it was unbearable.

thankfully my parents picked me up,
my feet escaped the flats as soon as i was inside the car,
they waved the white flag, and had the scars to show for it.

i really should throw them out,
but they look so lovely.

now,
i'm lounging
& listening to edith piaf & charles aznavour
wonderful.

this coming weeks will be busy,
probably busier than i've ever been,
tonight is my night to mentally prepare.

wish me luck!

lots of end of the week kisses,

-m

& nicolasv's photostream is so inspiring,
paris in the spring,
sigh.

images: 1, 2

No comments: