03 June 2009

a tuesday stroll


hi!

had quite a tiring day yesterday
went downtown to pick up books for an essay
ended up with at least 15 books
felt like 100

as i was crossing queen's park
i decided to sit and rest
under the majestic trees,
which provide the perfect breeze
i sat & sipped my strawberry and cranberry smoothie
& while i took in my surroundings,
i realized how lucky i am
to attend such a beautiful school

i have yet to visit a university
in a lovelier location than mine,
and i think i've visited quite a few,
it was one of the reasons i chose this university,
but in all my years i seem to have forgotten
how lucky i am to study in such a lovely
& inspiring place

so i got up,
picked up my bag, which if i hadn't known,
would think was full of bricks,
& marched onwards.

as i walked, i felt the ground shaking,
realizing that it was the subway underground
for some reason that made me even happier
it reminded me that
i'm lucky to get the best of both worlds,
the quiet that comes with being located uptown,
but also the excitement of being located
at the heart of such a great city
hope you're finding joy in your surroundings,


-m
image: 1

No comments: