16 June 2009

perfect gift.










salut!

quite exciting news.

i've spent invested significant time
to my hunt to find the perfect sunglasses

my dad told me a story
about how when he and my mom
were on their honeymoon in italy
he found the perfect sunglasses:

the ray ban aviators, with the dark green glass

i've always been on a lookout for great sunglasses,
especially because my optometrist insists
that the outer part of my eyes is sensitive to the sun
so that sunglasses are a must during the summer

well summer came & i was still without
my perfect sunglasses
(spoiler alert: not for long...)

but i finally found them !!!
& this morning....
my mom bought them for me!!!!

i had called a few stores to ask if they carried the model i wanted
but to no avail,
i was met with
"they're really rare"
&
"you should get x instead, they're practically the same"
&
"they're rare & more expensive, so..."

but even with all of that pessimism i was hopeful,
thankfully!

they are the exact ones i wanted,
the wayfarer II
tortoise shell
now i can't stop showing them off,
my dad found his perfect pair in italy,
mine were made in italy,
& in a few weeks i will be in italy,

sigh!

all is right in the world :)

kisses,

-m

No comments: